World Cup Of VGC2018 Rules

Discussion in 'World Cup' started by Bargens, Oct 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bargens

Bargens
    Administrator
    Administrator

Rules listed below apply to the World Cup of VGC for 2018

Timeline:

Group Stage Round 1
    1st October -> 7th October
    Group Stage Round 2 8th October -> 14th October
    Group Stage Round 3 15th October -> 21st October
    Top 8 Elimination Round 22nd October -> 28th October
    Semi-Finals 29th October -> 4th November
    Final 5th November -> 12th November

Tournament Details
    • Tournament Format: Group Stage -> Top Cut (all Best-Of-Three between players)
    • Top 8: Top 2 teams from each group of 4 teams will move on to Top 8
    • Platform: Pokemon Showdown (Cartridge is acceptable if both players agree but Pokemon Showdown takes precedence)
    • Pairings: Pairings will be posted on Trainer Tower Forums
    • Contact: Players are to be contacted through Trainer Tower Forums OR Twitter. It is the players' responsibility to ensure that they're checking both mediums of contact. All players listed will have either their Trainer Tower Username or Twitter listed. If any player cannot be contacted please let your manager know and I will resolve it
    Cheating
    Cheating such as ghosting or changing moves/items/etc on Pokemon will be punished if sufficient evidence exists. Other forms of cheating will also be punished and will be punished to a degree determined by myself, and will be reflective of the extent of influence it had on the World Cup of Pokemon.

Formats:
    Formats played will be the following
    1x VGC15
    1x VGC16
    1x VGC17
    2x VGC18
    3x VGC19 Sun Series

8 players play per team per week, and the points awarded are 3 for a win, 1 for a tie and 0 for a loss.
    Tiebreakers in groups will be determined by overall Win:Loss in sets across all 3 weeks. Head to head will then follow if this is still a tie, and a set between 1 player of each team in VGC19 Sun Series if there is still a tie.

Seeding
    **A1 = Group A, 1st seed

Left Side of the bracket
    A1 Vs C2
    B1 Vs D2

Right Side of the bracket
    C1 Vs A2
    B2 Vs D1

Role of the managers
    Managers must submit their line up of 8 players each week, and this can be changed up until the deadline. Missing the deadline (posting of pairings) will result in the lineup being the same as the previous week.
    They will also be used in decision making if issues arise between teams. If an issue exists between 2 teams and both managers can come to an agreeable compromise, their decision will overrule mine.

Substitutions
    Substitutions can be made by a manager if one of the following is true
    1. There is an issue with a players availability not previously known, and I am notified within 24 hours of the round being up.
    2. Both managers agree that a substitution is either necessary or allowed due to scheduling issues or availability of players. This can be done at any point but both managers need to contact me to organise substituting a player/players.

Extensions
    Extensions for weeks 1 and 2 may be granted under reasonable circumstances as determined by myself

Reporting Scores
    Replays and the score of the set must be posted in the weekly thread with pairings. Any member of your team can post the result. **If you believe you had a really good set, please include this in your post and it might be featured in a front-page article!**

EDIT: Tiebreakers for the group stage added
    EDIT: Seeding specified for Top Cut

I'll probably be adding to this, but I don't think I've missed anything major. I hope you enjoy WCOP2018!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.