Trainer Tower Invitational: Pools Week 3

Discussion in 'Trainer Tower Circuit' started by Bargens, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bargens

Bargens
    Administrator
    Administrator

Hey everyone! Congratulations again for qualifying for the Trainer Tower Invitational!

Round Start: September 17th 8am London Time (GMT+1) / 5pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT+10) / 12am (0:00) Pacific Time (GMT-7) / 3am Eastern Time (GMT-4)

Round End: September 24th 8am London Time (GMT+1) / 5pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT+10) / 12am (0:00) Pacific Time (GMT-7) / 3am Eastern Time (GMT-4)

**NOTE
    Only the sets listed her will be monitored, however, I heavily encourage you to contact all players in your pool and try to play earlier. I would rather pools not take 7 weeks if possible but if it does then that's fine.

Tournament Details
    • VGC Format: VGC18
    • Tournament Format: Best-Of-Three Pools -> Best-Of-Three Top Cut (Top 8)
    • Pools Top Cut: Top 2 players from each pool of 7 players will move on to Top 8
    • Platform: Pokemon Showdown (Cartridge is acceptable if both players agree but Pokemon Showdown takes precedence)
    • Pairings: Pairings cannot be seen on Battlefy but are posted in this thread.
    • Contact: Players are to be contacted through Trainer Tower Forums. Any contact made outside of Trainer Tower Forums will not be considered when looking at activity, so if you're not concerned about activity you may contact wherever.
    • Extensions: Extensions will be granted where possible but please do not rely on this
    Match Reporting

Replays are to be posted in this thread

Prizes

1 $720 USD
    2 $360 USD
    3-4 $140 USD
    5-8 $20 USD

Bracket is here!

Bracket
    Incomplete Matches:
    Pyreon Vs Mitch (Pool A) (Rostered to play this week)
    Lightcore Vs Simipour (Pool A) (Please complete if possible, if not this will 100% be played in week 6 when you both have a BYE)

Pool A:
    AuraRayquaza Vs Simipour
    Pyreon vs Mitch (From last week)
    Shabarai Vs Lightcore (brought forward from week 6, you both would otherwise have a BYE)
    John Beak Vs (BYE)

Pool B:
    zwinne Vs Spurrific
    Mudcrab Vs (BYE)
    Swaggy McBuckets Vs Lore95VGC
    MrJellyLeggs Vs LLeonard

Pool C:
    Emforbes Vs Frania
    Xenoblade_Hero Vs (BYE)
    RadiumH3 Vs MasterWizardVGC
    EmbC Vs Animus (brought forward from week 6, you both would otherwise have a BYE)

Pool D:
    Necrocat219 Vs ApplePie
    Necrocat219 Vs Knappi
    JonoTV Vs 2thyfor (brought forward from week 4, you both would otherwise have a BYE)
    Mr.GX Vs (BYE)
    Yale Vs (BYE)

**NOTE
    A bye does not count as a win, it is just due to numbers. Players with byes are encouraged to contact and play Vs other players in their pool where possible

Good luck to all players and I'm looking forward to seeing you all play!

Necrocat219 likes this.
  2. ShabaraiVGC

ShabaraiVGC New Member

3. zwinne

zwinne New Member

4. ShabaraiVGC

ShabaraiVGC New Member

5. Yale

Yale Member

6. Knappi

Knappi Member

7. JonoTv

JonoTv Member

8. MasterWizardVGC

MasterWizardVGC Member

9. EmbC

EmbC Well-Known Member NPA 6 Champion

10. Lore95VGC

Lore95VGC Member

My opponent conceded, @Bargens we have added you to the conversation

11. emforbes

emforbes Well-Known Member

12. Frania

Frania Member

Hey, I would like to ask to be dropped out. I'm really sorry to everyone participating and the host, but with the current responsibilities I have its pretty much impossible for me to prepare for any of the matches. I haven't played VGC in last couple months, outside of the Invitational matches, so without putting in extra time to learn the format it would be just a waste of time to play any more games as I can clearly see now I have no real chances of winning. I don't have the motivation to prioritize this tournament over other important things in my life so I'd rather save you all some time and not risk messing with someone's run with a hax or match up win. I would like to thank everyone involved in organizing this years circuit as the cool format and the money prize at the end kept me motivated to play, until the more serious responsibilities came along. Also if I wasn't for my NPA teammates and MisterGX I wouldn't have to teams / motivation to compete, so I'm really grateful to you all for allowing me to enter this new format in such an enjoyable way.

Bargens and emforbes like this.
  13. MrJellyLeggs

MrJellyLeggs Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.