NPA Manager Hype Thread

Discussion in 'NPA' started by Braverius, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Braverius

Braverius Bird-Dog Administrator

Only NPA Managers are allowed to post here. Assistants can post on 12/8, or when all head managers have finished posting.

You guys know the drill. One post per manager, please.

JeanMarc likes this.
  2. kingofmars

kingofmars Well-Known Member

Hey there everyone, I'm Gavin Michaels aka kingofmars and I'm the manager of the Fortree Brave Birds. My assistant manager is Szymoninho aka Szymon Wojdat. I will be doing tryouts for NPA starting on the 12th for any player that has reached a 1457 ranking or top 150 on the VGC 2018 PokemonShowdown ladder, whichever is lower at the time. Message me if you meet those qualifications and want to try out.

Our first official player, Nick Navarre aka Nails will also be running tryouts. However, his qualifications will be different. Please message him on twitter (It's the only platform he'll check) if you have at least 71 gxe on the '18 ps ladder with at least 50 games played on the account or cut a regional/EU Special Event or made day 2 of an international in the past year. Top cut must have occurred within the masters division. Please include a screenshot of your ladder ranking showing you logged in to the account.

Kaw Kaw Motherfuckers.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  3. Tan

Tan Active Member

Hello! My name is Tan, and on behalf my co-manager Chalkey and the Celestic Stars, we are happy to be back for our 6th season in NPA . Since it is my 6th season as a NPA manager (idk how I kept this job for so long), I'm sure many of you know the drill about how the Stars operate.

Our team does things differently. Obviously, we want to go for the gold, and we're going to be looking for skilled players just as everyone else here is, but our team will be looking for more than just the best of the best. We want a team of people who will help each other grow and improve during the season, and eventually stay friends once the season ends. Each year, we hope to create a family of diverse, supportive, and successful players that does not only win the NPA crown, but also a World Championship to one of our own.

Yea blah blah family and coffee, whatever. What can I do to be a part of this? Well, traditionally, we hold open tryouts. This year, I was smart enough to put it in an online form. You don't need any BS/PS rating to apply, we just want to see how you think critically about Pokemon. We look through each and every one of these applications, and historically, we pick one or two to be on our squad.

I like to pick those who have high ceilings. Demonstrate to me that you have high potential, and you have a good chance of being drafted.

Let me or Chalkey know if you have any questions, and don't forget to try a Pumpkin Spice Latte before the season ends!
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeHmJYRoPl4R1jWXDS0alnzziEwrdsTxwoFHE5lxvQhgw7n-g/viewform

[NEW LOGO COMING SOON]
    10426110_10152208489336286_4699533088948319670_n.jpg

Pephan, jackrah, Gramgus and 5 others like this.
  4. Wolfey

Wolfey Well-Known Member NPA 6 Champion

Waddup

My name's Wolfe and this will be my 4th consecutive season managing the Hearthome Holy Spirits. I'm a competitive VGC player who takes the game and the process of improving very seriously. I want to work with people with good mindsets to work to better understand VGC18, to build a community, and to make some NPA waves. The spirits have won 2 of the 3 NPA's where I was captain, and we placed top 4 in the third. I'm only looking for people who are serious. If these attributes seem appealing to you, keep reading.

Attitude and mentality are really big things I value when crafting a team. I can't think of questions to ask that will accurately give me insight to these things, but I think it's good for you to be aware of coming in.

If you want to message me HERE ON TRAINER TOWER (not twitter) with the following information:

Preferred Name:
    When you started playing VGC:
    Country/Location:
    Accomplishments:
    Brief VGC history:
    Why you want to be a Spirit:
    You can also send up to two Showdown replays or one live tournament replay, however this is not essential.

I'm also interested in anything you want to better understand about Pokemon/things you think are interesting about the game/things you find beautiful in Pokemon. This is also optional.

Last season I took several players who messaged me, so there is a non-zero chance that if you present yourself well and I think you have potential, you might end up on the team. I have always taken lesser-known players, and I personally believe that to be part of my success as a coach.

I look forward to hearing from you.

5. Tman

Tman Active Member

Hi friends, Tman here! I'm the manager of the Malie City Monarchs. In our first season, we were able to make it all the way to finals before falling just a bit short. I think a lot of our success last year can be attributed to an awesome team that really thrived when we got our chemistry flowing, and I'd like to replicate that fun, supportive, but also competitive environment. If you'd like to be a part of the process, know I expect obligatory gif posting banter spam. I also expect all our members to have a drive to improve themselves and their teammates, as well as being active in chat. When we fully understood that last year, great things happened.

If you're interested in playing for the Monarchs, shoot me a PM here on Trainer Tower with the following info:
    Online Handle (First name if you prefer):
    Country and Time Zone:
    Things you want me to know about you as a player:
    *Bonus* Send me a paste team you built and walk me through how you built it: (Optional)

It's gonna be a fun season. Brendan will commence the gif spam in 3 days so I leave you with my MS Paint Jirachi
    [​IMG]
    #LongLiveTheQueen

6. Benji

Benji New Member

Hey guys, I am Benji, manager of the Goldenrod Rollouts. I have been a mainstay manager for a while now, and even took home the crown in NPA 3. We are looking to build off our play of performance last season, and bring the title back home, and keep the team as a title contender for many seasons to come. What I want from a player is a willingness to to get involved with the team, whether that is teaching or learning from other players. I look forward to seeing what this season brings!

Cable, who was actually the team for NPA 3, will be taking over as assistant manager this year! He will be doing some sort of tryout before the draft, so look out for that.

In order to throw your hat in the ring message me here with:
    Name:
    Formats Played:
    Location and Division:
    Anything else that you think is important to know about you:

Let me know if you have any questions!

jackrah and GyulyVGC- like this.
  7. DrFidget

DrFidget Active Member

Ladies and gentleman the Gamblers are back.

Hi there I’m Sam, the manager of the Celadon City Gamblers. A team I love because I never know what I’m going to get. There’s always a great mix of washed up old players making a comeback, unknowns overachieving, and up-and-comers eager to help step everyones game up. But with random drafts there’s also a few players that just kind of go awol, get banned for something dumb, or are toxic in chat. That ends now.

Gamblers are going to make smarter bets this year and I will suffer no fools. For the first time since NPA 2 I get to draft for myself. We win and lose together, and this year, we’re all going to be winners. I love meeting new players, but I’m not going to bid on anyone that I don’t know unless they come highly recommended. So I encourage everyone to come to one of our open tryouts and introduce yourselves before the draft. The first one is this week and both myself and my assistant manager Shiloh will be there.

[​IMG]

Any further tryouts will be posted on @CeladonGamblers. Any questions can be sent to me here.

I should also note that in an attempt to help diversify the league (last year men outnumbered everyone by more than 16:1, this year all managers are men, etc) I will not be nominating any men during the draft. So if you are one of the many, many, MANY dudes messaging me with your only selling point being you’re “only 3k”, go sell it somewhere else.

Pephan likes this.
  8. Avatar Fede

Avatar Fede Active Member NPA 6 Champion

Welcome to Aether Paradise! My name is Federico Turano. I am from Argentina, and I'm the manager of the new NPA team, the Aether Symbionts.

As you can see, this is my first NPA as a manager, so my goal is to make the best debut possible for the team. I do not only intend to become champions, but to make a community, or even a family. I managed some other teams in other leagues, from LatAm mostly. The majority of those teams had very strong bonds between all the players and we had lots of success many times together, so I wish this is not the exception!

To increase the chances for all this to happen, I chose the best assman to be by my side this whole season. Of course, I'm talking about no one else than your favourite englishman Thomas "sexy-accent" Platter, AKA The Saxlad.

If this isn't enough, I will be helped unoficially by the best scouter in the world. Directly from Sao Paulo, Brazil, meet my personal slave André "boludo" Fumis, AKA Fumito.

What? You wanna be part of this awesome and unusual team? Well, feel free to DM @TheSaxlad or @FumitoVGC on Twitter to do some tryouts! Unfortunately, I'm too busy this couple of weeks to do tryouts myself, but I trust in this two for some unknown reason.

Don't hesitate to contact me on my Twitter @AvatarFede if you have any questions or anything else.

Let's Beast Boost together into the Ultraspace!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  9. Dawg

Dawg Co-Founder Co-Founder

G'day, my name is Luke, and I'm the manager of a new NPA team alongside Billa, which is probably best not to name.

If you're interested in playing for me. Twitter is the best place to DM me @Dawgpkmn, Alongside evidence of ladder success on BS/PS (I'll let you decide what this is) or Tournament results; I'm interested to hear what you would bring to the table; and how your prior experience/ success in VGC would help us become champions in this year's NPA.

Pephan, 0riginalName, Hibiki and 3 others like this.
  10. Jio

Jio Member

Hey there, didn't feel like doing this since I think it's a waste of time, but my assman made me do it so here we are

Basically to be a cruiser:
    1. Share some relevant accomplishments in recent formats on my twitter (@the_OGio). Preferably screenshots of success on VGC 2018' showdown ladder, screenshots of any success on the current 2018 battlespot ladder, and success at later 2017 events.
    2. Don't be a jackass

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    GyulyVGC- and Lunar like this.
  11. Cable

Cable Member

Hey it's me Cable! I used to go by 'BlitznBurst' and was on the Rollouts when they won NPA 3! Well now I've come back to help my pal Benji run the team this time around. Follow me on Twitter @CableVG if you want info on our team tryouts. We are looking for players whose aim is to come together with others and work as a team, helping not only prepare for your own matches but everyone else on the team. We have plenty of players in mind already to make a part of our team but the tryouts may influence our picks later in the draft! If you can't make our tryout date don't be afraid to DM me some of your Showdown replays from any sets you have against notable players or games from making it to t500 on the Showdown ladder. Hope you all enjoy the NPA season one way or another :]

12. René Alvarenga

René Alvarenga Active Member

What’s going on bois~
    My name is Rene Alvarenga aka ReneVGC/TheDiamondWizard on SD, I’m from El Salvador and proudly captain of Sea Dogs for NPA7! My assistant for this season be my friend Victor Gonzalez from Costa Rica!

We are excited to show the world how dogs bite...! but most important, how dogs care of each other. Cause one of the goals at the end is create new friendships and strong bonds!

Unbreakble bonds sealed with [NPA7 Champions] our final quest.

BARK BARK

13. TheSaxlad

TheSaxlad Well-Known Member Tournament Host

Well Hi, I'm Thomas 'Sexy Accent' Plater, Also known as TheSaxlad, and I will be AssManning Aether Symbionts in this years NPA!

Just a little addendum to Fede's post, in that Aether Symbiont's now have a twitter! @AetherSymbionts so be sure to come and follow us for more news on Aether Symbiont's throughout the NPA!

I'm looking forward to this NPA, and I hope you are too!

GyulyVGC- and Therazer456 like this.