Pinned NPA 7 Signups

Discussion in 'NPA' started by Braverius, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Euler

Euler Active Member NPA 6 Champion

Time zone in GMT: +1 (Central Europe)
    Significant time missed: Potentially mid February
    Your first VGC format:
    '13
    Notable results: German Nationals '15 Top 8, Worlds '15 Top 16, London 2016 Day 2, London 2017 Day 2
    Why a manager should draft you: I was okay in '15 so I might be as well in '18 (don't know yet though since I barely played the new mode until now)

zlanif likes this.
  2. p3ds

p3ds Member

Pokemon Showdown username: p3ds... and a plethora of other alts
    Time zone in GMT: GMT
    Significant time missed: (here you list time that you can't play for the duration of the tournament), i.e holidays, exams etc.) None
    Your first VGC format: 2012... Ish... It was more the end of 13
    Notable results:
    • 1st Place Sutton Coldfield Regionals 2015
    • T32 UK Nationals 2014
    • T8 Streetpass Autumn Event 2014
    • T8 Wakefield Regionals 2016
    • T8 Manchester MSS 2016
    • Played in the Smogon BSPL in 2016
    • Part of the winning Team (ph/f)illp(e) in the Game of Names
    • Getting to top cut in Smogon's VGC 17 Tour.
    Why a manager should draft you: 5 times I have applied, 5 times I have failed. Its time for my time to shine. I'm ready to show my skills. I play different styles, and adapt to a shifting metagame. Also, I'd probably be one of the cheapest (masters division) regionals winner out there.

Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care:

upload_2017-12-10_22-36-43.png

I am sorry all Decidueye fans ;-;

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  3. Dylan

Dylan New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Carrian
    Time zone in GMT: +10:00 sydney
    Significant time missed: I work full time. Apart from that, I'm free.
    Your first VGC format: 13
    Notable results: I've lost to @DawgPKMN on more than one occasion and have never beaten him.
    Why a manager should draft you: because I'm definitely not as good as any of the managers, therefore I won't make you look bad as a player. Just as a manager lmao.

Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon: no.

Triceratops likes this.
  4. InvidiousVGC

InvidiousVGC Member

Pokemon Showdown username: InvidiousVGC
    Time zone in GMT: EST.
    Significant time missed:
    will be around all season
    Your first VGC format: 14
    Notable results: Worlds Day 1 2016, Origins Special Event Finalist 2016, 11th Toronto Regionals 2017
    Why a manager should draft you: I spent a really long time drawing this picture (only started over four times!), I am dedicated to the good of the team before myself, and I am on disability leave from work... so I will constantly be practicing!

Attached Files:

LightCore likes this.
  5. BaseIN2

BaseIN2 Member

Pokemon Showdown username: basein2
    Time zone in GMT: GMT+10 (Sydney)
    Significant time missed: nah mate
    Your first VGC format: I went to my first event in 2013 but officially started on 2014
    Notable results: multiple grass roots events winner, 16 regionals 1st / 2nd / t4. 2017 top cut a regional and 5th place on a online IC. 5-1 APL (NPA for Australians). 0-5 New Zealand regionals
    Why a manager should draft you: I can speak Spanish and I’m good at Vgc even though it looks like I’m not. If you wanted to draft Sam P but didn’t want to spend 5k, I’m the off brand you can get for 3k

Mon drawing: only the team that drafts me gets to see it

Sam, LightCore and Triceratops like this.
  6. winmor

winmor Member

Pokemon Showdown username: winmor (mark)
    Time zone in GMT: -6 CST
    Significant time missed: (here you list time that you can't play for the duration of the tournament), i.e holidays, exams etc.) feb 5-9
    Your first VGC format: 2016
    Notable results:
    - Houston and Corpus Christi mss winner 2018,
    -154 cp in 2018 season so far
    -31-3 in real life sets since worlds
    Why a manager should draft you: I've kept a low profile over the years on showdown and in competitive play, but I am hoping that will change with this seasons NPA! I didn't have enough time to compete in vgc or any leagues, while obtaining a doctorate degree in college/working every weekend. Now that I've graduated and got a steady schedule, I am finally able to commit myself to playing and improving. Since I have been able to take vgc seriously I have had much success that has come with much preparation. I feel that preparation/meta predictions are a strength of mine that could make me an asset to a team. I have always played strategy games and gambling and vgc combines those two perfectly in my opinion. I am hoping to make friends and improve myself and others through this process.I'm very easy-going and I'll discuss any crazy idea someone might have to make a team work. And I also laddered up to 1500 on 18 ladder with an omastar just to make an impact...

Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care:
    whimsicott.png

Brantdman likes this.
  7. Jackson Finch

Jackson Finch New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: BippityBoopBop
    Time zone in GMT: PST
    Significant time missed: January 8-12

Your first VGC format: VGC 16
    Notable results: Several PC/MSS wins and top cuts in SoCal, T32 Anaheim and Utah Regionals
    Why a manager should draft you: I have a steady head and competitive mindset, and the flexibility and creativity in my play style can bring something new to the table.

8. Sogeking

Sogeking Member

Pokemon Showdown username:
    Sogeking8000
    Time zone in GMT: -3
    Significant time missed: No

Your first VGC format: VGC 12
    Notable results: UK regional 5th, Brazil open 2nd place, some mss and pc wins, world cup of smogon champion oo
    Why a manager should draft you: I am best vgc, good with girls and I have a masters degree oo

Sanvy. and tlyee like this.
  9. Sir Chicken

Sir Chicken New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: SirChicken123
    Time zone in GMT: EST (GMT-5)
    Significant time missed: None.
    Your first VGC format: VGC 2013
    Notable results: Some regional wins in seniors, does his best in masters
    Why a manager should draft you: I'm very motivated to improve and succeed in the upcoming format as well as reconnect more closely with the community and am going to be putting a lot more energy into Pokemon than this past season. You can trust that I'll be putting good effort into this tournament. I also like laddering and playing best of three matches with people so I'm cool with helping people practice or fix teams. Additionally, I'm a total riot and am sure to spice up your team chat with my sick bantz and sharp wit.
    I quite like Staraptor, it's tough to draw but I feel I've done it justice.

Attached Files:

Hibiki likes this.
  10. VGC Strategy

VGC Strategy Member NPA 6 Champion

Pokemon Showdown username: VGC Strategy
    Time zone in GMT: GMT+0
    Significant time missed: Away until Jan 6.
    Your first VGC format: 2011
    Notable results: NPA 4 champion, NPA 6 champion (can't take much credit for the latter)
    Why a manager should draft you: I put the OK in Pokémon :)

Sam, Platypus and DaWoblefet like this.
  11. Romy (MudsdaleVGC)

Romy (MudsdaleVGC) New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: MudsdaleVGC
    Time zone in GMT: GMT + 1
    Significant time missed: None, so far known
    Your first VGC format: 2017
    Notable results: Being a female, brought Mudsdale to all events, got Wolfey Glick to wear a Mudsdale T-shirt
    Why a manager should draft you: I am willing to learn and improve as much as I can. I might still be a unexperienced player, but I think I have improved a lot over the last season and can't wait to improve even more in the upcoming season.
    Enjoy Mudsdale aka Bobby
    mudsdale.jpg

DjuxVGC, Temple and ApplePie like this.
  12. Faybz

Faybz New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: FaybzAus - also have many, many alts
    Time zone in GMT: + 11 (AEDST)
    Significant time missed: (here you list time that you can't play for the duration of the tournament), i.e holidays, exams etc.) Week before Australian IC will be tough
    Your first VGC format: '14
    Notable results: Runner up Melb regional '16. Topped '17 BSD ladder on showdown.
    Why a manager should draft you: I consistently top cut events with team that aren't standard enough to be meta but aren't a big enough meme to be smashed in a Bo3. I'll help build creative teams that will have give the team an edge throughout the season. I had a pretty average 17 season (2 PC wins but nothing special at the IC and Regs) after qualifying for worlds in '16, but I have topped the '17 BSD ladder and sat top 15 on the VGC 18 ladder using Heracross. I also do a good job on snapchat and will provide quality entertainment throughout.

Attached Files:

13. ShinyCaterpie

ShinyCaterpie Member

Pokemon Showdown username: PKAB
    Time zone in GMT: +0 (UK)
    Significant time missed: Nothing in the forseeable future
    Your first VGC format: 2010
    Notable results: 2017: 1st place Birmingham Regionals, Top 4 Lyon Special, Top 32 Oceania Internationals
    Misc.: Top 8 UK Nationals 2013, Top 8 German+Netherlands Regionals 2015, Day 2 Worlds 2016 (with 6-0 Day 1), Top cut UK Nationals: '10, '12, '13, '15, '16
    Qualified for and played in Worlds 4 times
    Why a manager should draft you: Would really like play as part of a team, push myself further to improve and get more involved with VGC outside of just in person events.

Not my favourite Pokemon but I figured this would be fitting:
    [​IMG]

DjuxVGC and Tikkibikki like this.
  14. Dane

Dane Well-Known Member

Pokemon Showdown username: aGeNtOrAnGeJuLiUs
    Time zone in GMT: GMT -5 (US Central time)
    Significant time missed: (here you list time that you can't play for the duration of the tournament), i.e holidays, exams etc.) I will miss whatever time I feel like missing
    Your first VGC format: I'm not answering this question without my lawyer present, I know my rights
    Notable results: Perenial 2nd place MSS finisher who has never won one, got top 8 in a showdown tour with 7 players before losing to a senior
    Why a manager should draft you: They shouldn't I'm just signing up because Tman made a monarchs campaign promise to bench me in 2018 and if I don't sign up he can't bench me. I haven't played much pokemon since before worlds 2017 so anyone who pays a lot for me will be more disappointed than my parents and all my former lovers combined. I will also not use the Klingklang times to push forth a biased political NPA agenda so don't even think about it, we're already extremely loyal to our main donor, the anti-lilikoal and pheromosa SuperPAC "VGC players for a brighter future without sun".

Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care: My favorite pokemon is benchomon, maybe it was a digimon or whatever but all I know is its my favorite and I spend a lot of time with it
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    Nails, René Alvarenga, Sam and 2 others like this.
  15. SilverJ

SilverJ Member

Pokemon Showdown username: John_vgc00

Time zone in GMT:
    GMT +1

Significant time missed: n/a

Your first VGC format: 2014

Notable results:
    - 1st place Rome Regionals 2015
    - Top 32 Italian Nationals 2015
    - 1st place Paris (don't know how to spell the actual name) Regionals 2016
    - Top 32 Italian Nationals 2016

Why a manager should draft you:
    I don't have any result in 17 and I'm almost unknown outside of Europe so I should be cheap as hell, a real bargain!

I couldn't use paint. Here is a sketch made with my 3ds

Attached Files:

PlayerOne, Pado, zlanif and 6 others like this.
  16. Rosenkreutz

Rosenkreutz Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Rosenkreutz
    Time zone in GMT: GMT+9 JPN
    Significant time missed: nothing special
    Your first VGC format: 2015
    Notable results: No results for this season
    Why a manager should draft you: Last time I belonged to Ninjas, but I not have won so much. I should avenge last time loss.

Attached Files:

René Alvarenga, tlyee and Hibiki like this.
  17. JUNIO

JUNIO Member

Pokemon Showdown username:
    JUNIOichi

Time zone in GMT:
    JST (GMT+9)

Significant time missed:

-

Your first VGC format:
    VGC2012

Notable results:
    ・Qualified for worlds
    ・Top 8 at Mellbourne Challenge
    ・3rd at International Challenge Feb (1894 rating)
    ・11th at International Challenge May (1839 rating)

Why a manager should draft you:

Draft me, please ・。・

Nails, tlyee, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  18. Flynned'

Flynned' New Member

Time zone in GMT: +1 Paris time
    Significant time missed: none
    Your first VGC format: VGC2011

Notable results: 2013 :
    - 1st ladder on PO
    - 2015 : Top 32 Germany National
    - 1970 on BS in VGC15
    - 2016 : Top 8 in the big6 regional
    - 1850 + on BS
    - Top 5 on Showdown
    - 2017 : Top cut every event I attended (7) except Barcelona MSS (4-2)
    - Top 3 Showdown

Why a manager should draft you: I haven't had the chance to get drafted last time and I feel like I could bring positive results for my team, I will work hard for it.
    Twitter : FloShiyoFlynned'VGC

19. Chuppa

Chuppa vegetable

Timezone: EST (GMT-4)
    Results:
    Why should a manager draft you: None of this post is in bold!
    drif_paint.jpg

Nails, Unreality, JediR and 4 others like this.
  20. madermen

madermen New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: madermen
    Time zone in GMT: -05 (Eastern, North America)
    Significant time missed: (here you list time that you can't play for the duration of the tournament), i.e holidays, exams etc.) NO

Your first VGC format: VGC 2015
    Notable results: Won my first PC I ever went to. Top-cutted other ones.
    Why a manager should draft you: while VGC is not my strong suit with Pokémon, I think my countless hours and hours and hours of playing singles has given me a strong game sense, as well as a unique perspective to bring to teams. I have a lot of free time that I could commit to the npa

Optional - draw your favoritePokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you trulycare: (on my phone, so I can't)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.