Pinned NPA 7 Signups

Discussion in 'NPA' started by Braverius, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmKennyJ

IAmKennyJ New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: KennyJ
    Time zone in GMT: -8
    Significant time missed: None
    Your first VGC format: 2016 on Showdown, 2017 for IRL tournaments
    Notable results: 5-3 Seattle Regionals 2017, 4-3 Vancouver Regionals 2018, beat Justin Carris in a Bo3 once, peaked at 1630 on VGC 2017 Showdown ladder
    Why a manager should draft you: Even though I have been playing VGC for less than two years, my history with competitive Pokémon goes back to 2008 when I played Gen 4 singles. I am eager to make some actual friends in the VGC community and I enjoy teambuilding.

Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  2. Nekrovoid

Nekrovoid New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Nekrovoid

Time zone in GMT: 0 - live in uk

Significant time missed: Nothing for the duration of the league BUT not available weekdays 7am through 4:30pm
    Your first VGC format: Very end of 16 so lets just say 17

Notable results: In other games *ticks* In vgc I haven't had much opportunity to go to events with exams and travel costs except for a 5-3 regionals and 2 pcs (both top cut) (all masters division). Also advocated bulu for 6 months.

Why a manager should draft you: I play vgc most of the time I do not have (school) work to do. Also, despite my age I do not play "in one of the unpredictable senior ways" or so I am told. I am actively (watching) in the community and even being able to put my name down for this feels like an achievement xD. I may not have many achievements in the game with my current situation so if I am drafted at all I feel I could work as a back up as I (guaranteed) would not be a priority pick. sLus you get willingness to help (but not to an obnoxiously annoying extent). To summarise I spend a lot of time on the game allow me to help if thou couldst.

Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care: Cant draw but here you go, didn't use fill for your added enjoyment so enjoy laughing (at this entire thing)... Used 2 to really show I care haha

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  3. Nintendaddy

Nintendaddy New Member

pokemon Showdown username: Thenintendaddy
    Time zone in GMT: GMT - 8
    Significant time missed: Just during working hours.
    Your first VGC format: VGC14
    Notable results: None, I've just been playing on showdown for fun and want to get into the competitive playing
    Why a manager should draft you: I am coachable, easy going and make the best ribs you've ever had.

My picture was done on my white board in my classroom.

Attached Files:

4. RadiumH3

RadiumH3 Member NPA 7 Champion

Pokemon Showdown username: R d m H 3 (just create this one because I do not really have a main account)
    Time zone in GMT: GMT+1
    Your first VGC format: VGC16 online and VGC 17 for IRL Competition bigger than PC and MSS
    Notable results: Top 32 London Internats 2017, 5-0 in WorldCup with Rest Of Europe
    Why a manager should draft you: I will try to help as much as I can. Of course I'm not a player with a lot of experience so I'm here to learn. I also love playing and competition in general.
    Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care:
    Poor jolteon :(

Attached Files:

Glum, Ichi, EmbC and 6 others like this.
  5. Jorijn

Jorijn Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Jorijn
    Time zone in GMT: GMT+1
    Significant time missed: Probably most of the first week, might not have solid WiFi to talk either. Week 5 and 6 will be hard too, because I have exams week 6 and likely have less time to play pokemon because I need to learn for exams.
    Your first VGC format: VGC 2015, but I started playing more seriously 2017
    Notable results: Not really anything super big, 6-3 in European International 2017. I also got to 1700 on pokemon showdown in VGC17, but this is Showdown, so captains should decide if this is actually notable.
    Why a manager should draft you: I am willing to spend a lot of time for the team that drafts me. I want to take every battle seriously, while also making sure I, my team and my opponent have a good time. I feel like I have been improving a lot recently, with going 4-4 at Liverpool regionals, 5-3 at Bremen regionals and 6-3 at London, while also starting to do decently in locals. I would really appreciate it if one of the managers gives me the chance to play in the NBA by drafting me.

I probably care a bit too much because this took me at least an hour lol

Attached Files:

RockyVGC, Hibiki, AkramNexus and 3 others like this.
  6. Czechmate

Czechmate Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Architeuthis/drczech
    Time zone in GMT:GMT-5
    Significant time missed: n/a
    Your first VGC format: 2014
    Notable Results: Top 16 Hartford Regional 2017, Top 4 Florida regional 2017, various PC wins, and some top 32s.
    Why A Manager should draft you: I'm a pretty competitive person so I'll gladly put in the time I need to do well. I've been told I'm occasionally funny. Also I used Torkoal without Lilligant this season.

7. DesuVGC

DesuVGC Active Member

Pokemon Showdown username: DesuVGC
    Time zone in GMT: UTC +1 (Italy)
    Significant time missed: January and February are tough months for me since I have exams.
    Your first VGC format: VGC 2014
    Notable results: Got finals in some tournaments this year, overall I never won anything :c
    Why a manager should draft you: I'm decent with team cooperation and always available to help my teammates for preparing their match-ups or for some advices.

Aaand there is my favorite pokémon, freshly from paint
    [​IMG]

Vespero, Pado, wjbax and 4 others like this.
  8. carademono

carademono New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: carademono (Platypusferri in twitter)
    Time zone in GMT: GMT - 3
    Your first VGC format: VGC16
    Notable results: Day 1 in the VGC16 and VGC17 Worlds ( Ended X-3 both times :( ), Top Cut in the North American Internats
    Why a manager should draft you: I think I am a good player and my teams are unusual :rolleyes:
    Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care: I really suck at drawing lol

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  9. LPFanVGC

LPFanVGC Member

Pokemon Showdown username: LPFan
    Time zone in GMT: CST (GMT -3)
    Significant time missed: (here you list time that you can't play for the duration of the tournament), i.e holidays, exams etc.)
    none
    Your first VGC format: 2009
    Notable results: Top 8 2014 Kansas Regionals, Top 4 2015 Texas Regionals, Tri-divisional worlds competitor
    Why a manager should draft you: i'm the best and fieriest VGC player
    Volcarona_NPA.png

Sproffio, riopaser, Gramgus and 3 others like this.
  10. Wiji

Wiji New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: WijiVGC
    Time zone in GMT:
    +10:30 (+9:30 when daylight saving ends in April)
    Significant time missed: (here you list time that you can't play for the duration of the tournament), i.e holidays, exams etc.) Dec 29 - Jan 13.
    Your first VGC format:
    2016 but I messed around on PS since 14.
    Notable results: None yet but I plan on top cutting Sydney
    Why a manager should draft you: Despite no relevant finishes I can play well and can reach the top end of the BS or PS ladder and quickly grasp new metas potentially making me useful for helping out with teambuilding ideas and suggestions.

Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care: Oh do I care.

Attached Files:

• osh.png
      osh.png
      File size:
      7.2 KB
      Views:
  11. iMagikarp

iMagikarp Active Member

Pokemon Showdown username: iMagikarp
    Time zone in GMT: -5
    Significant time missed: n/a rly. Going to a bunch of regionals...but I'll still play

Your first VGC format: 15 (gross)
    Notable results: 4 MSS WINS IN A row and that's all that matters. But I also got t16 at 16 Nats, 2nd and 3rd regional finish.
    Why a manager should draft you: sorry I'm being retained

DrFidget and LightCore like this.
  12. snow-pokepoke

snow-pokepoke Member

Pokemon Showdown username:snow-pokepoke
    Time zone in GMT: GMT+9
    Significant time missed: probably nothing

Your first VGC format: VGC2014
    Notable results: TOP 4 in WCS2017
    Why a manager should draft you: I can concentrate on every match and contribute to team's win.

JeanMarc, Braverius, riopaser and 9 others like this.
  13. MaxVGC

MaxVGC New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: MaximusPoke
    Time zone in GMT: +1
    Significant time missed: None as I always carry my Laptop with me
    Your first VGC format: 15
    Notable results: Top 4 at Nats and Top 4 at a regional back when I was a senior. Unfortunately I didnt get to go to any event other than those two.
    Why a manager should draft you: Because my teambuilding skills are neat. I made the team carson St Denis won Sao Paolo with and helped him with the team he won a Regional. I also gave mudiman the team idea for the team he top 4 d a Regional with.

14. Triceratops

Triceratops Member

Pokemon Showdown username: triceratops5
    Time zone in GMT: GMT+8
    Significant time missed: Don't think there's anything

Your first VGC format: VGC14
    Notable results: 8-0 in NPA last year, Day 2 invite to worlds and top of APAC 2016, a few top 8 regionals, runner up 2016 Nats (Shoutout to dawg)
    Why a manager should draft you: Happy to spitball, teambuild, practice and receive feedback

Attached Files:

LightCore likes this.
  15. Fumito

Fumito Member

Pokemon Showdown username: FumitoBR
    Time zone in GMT: Currently GMT -2, changes to -3 on February 18th
    Significant time missed: I'm focusing on my college admission exams, which end on January 9th. Should be available and focused on VGC starting then
    Your first VGC format: VGC 16
    Notable results: Top 8 Buenos Aires Regionals, 11th place Latin America Internationals, 1st place in CP in Brazil in the VGC 17 season
    Why a manager should draft you: While not excelent, I'm a good player, and very focused. However, apart from my contribution as a player, I take team tournaments very seriously and scout a lot for the other members of the team. As co-captain of Team Plate Latam of the WCOP, I spent about 6-7 hours each week scouting as much as possible or our players, and it showed in our results (if you have any doubts, ask Avatar Fede). I am also usually available to practice, and I don't piss people off in the team chat

Drawing was supposed to be a peetoo, but I suck at drawing and forgot the tail

Attached Files:

EmbC, Puddles, JeanMarc and 1 other person like this.
  16. AvengedWerehog

AvengedWerehog New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: AvengedWerehog (Or Joones is another one that I frequently use)
    Time zone in GMT: GMT+11
    Significant time missed: University commitments will render me unable to play occasionally
    Your first VGC format: VGC15
    Notable results: Day 2 Worlds 2016, 34th Melbourne IC, Multiple PC Winner (GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE... Because those are the only events that we have in Melbourne now :'( )
    Why a manager should draft you: Pleased to comply with any task that a manager would want me to do. Always happy to practice with others and give/receive feedback (in this case, mostly receive). I would also love the opportunity to play and learn from others as that is something that I cannot do on my own.

(I cheated. I used the curved line tool. I'm sorry. I'm bad, don't pick me.)

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      3.4 KB
      Views:
    A Rare Alpha Bag likes this.
  17. elegyy

elegyy New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Elegyy
    Time zone in GMT: -8
    Significant time missed: Nah
    Your first VGC format: 2014
    Notable results: I've cut every pc / mss I've been to (socal) since post-worlds 2015, but that's only like 4 or 5 events. Also HAVE BEATEN ANIMUSVGC IN A BO27
    Why a manager should draft you: When it's the 9th round and you have 1k left and I'm about to go for 3 you're gonna be like "haha oh yeah, oops"

merry christmas

[​IMG]

18. Fumito

Fumito Member

Got offered by a captain to be a personal slave, so I guess I won't be playing. I don't know how to delete a comment (or if it's even possible), so consider this a sign-down (?)
    Sorry for the mess, Braverius

Braverius and JeanMarc like this.
  19. Charroshi

Charroshi Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Charroshi
    Time zone in GMT: GMT - 5
    Significant time missed: Exams from January 16th - February 2nd
    Your first VGC format: first played VGC on showdown late 13, first event VGC 15
    Notable results:
    IRL:
    Top 8 Toronto Regionals with Specs Gyarados and Scope Lens Machamp, Won the biggest MSS in my region as well as other MSS top cuts, Won a PC with Pyukumuku
    Online: Undefeated in both the first and second ghetto NPA's, Top 8 Combee Cup, Top 4 2017 unofficial Canada Nats
    Why a manager should draft you: The combination of my IRL results showing my caliber of a player combined with my online results showing I'm very experienced with the various nuances of online battling (scheduling, wifi, counterteaming, etc) show that I know how to succeeded in online battling. Additionally, even if I'm benched the whole season, I think will be a good asset to the team due to my desire to create a positive team environment and my history of creative teambuilding will be a big help for teammates in their teambuilding efforts. Above all else, I want to support a team in their efforts to take it to the top and make some friends along the way so hopefully I can carry out this vision
    Okay this drawing is actually slightly decent plz draft me
    [​IMG]

Daravone and JeanMarc like this.
  20. A Rare Alpha Bag

A Rare Alpha Bag Member

UTC -8
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.