Pinned NPA 7 Signups

Discussion in 'NPA' started by Braverius, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Braverius

Braverius Bird-Dog Administrator

Sign up if you've read and understood the rules posted in the commencement and want to play in NPA 7. Be sure you're available to play during a few days each week. Also, please list complete information here or you won't be counted as signed up. Limerick not necessary to sign up, but encouraged to spice things up a bit.

Note that to be drafted during the midseason auction, you need to sign up initially as well. If you sign up at midseason and do not sign up at the beginning of the season, you will not be entered into the draft.

Signing up means you have read and understood the rules for NPA 7 in the commencement post. Copy and paste and fill out the information below.

Pokemon Showdown username:
    Time zone in GMT:
    Significant time missed: (here you list time that you can't play for the duration of the tournament), i.e holidays, exams etc.)

Your first VGC format:
    Notable results:
    Why a manager should draft you:

Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  2. JekVGC

JekVGC New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Jek VGC
    Time zone in GMT: idk what it is in GMT and i’m too lazy to look it up but i’m on the east coast of the US
    Significant time missed: no
    Your first VGC format: 2011
    Notable results: probably
    Why a manager should draft you: cat zone

apayloadinmotion likes this.
  3. Talon

Talon Member

Pokemon Showdown username: TalonVGC on PS
    Time zone in GMT: Ben are we -6 or -5 right now?
    Significant time missed: what?
    Your first VGC format: 2010
    Notable results: Tri-Divisional Regional Champion
    Why a manager should draft you:

Smith and apayloadinmotion like this.
  4. Hibiki

Hibiki Well-Known Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Tachibana Hibiki
    Time zone in GMT: GMT+1 (CET)
    Significant time missed: will be around all season
    Your first VGC format: 14
    Notable results: Top 16 German Nats 2016, x2 Top 4 Regionals 2015 format/2016 season, 4-3 Day 2 Worlds 2016 (40th)
    Why a manager should draft you: dedicating a lot of free time to VGC18 via Twitch streaming, so I hope to have a good grasp of the format to help out my whole team.

Attached Files:

5. BimboEC

BimboEC New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: BimboEc
    Time zone in GMT: GMT-5
    Significant time missed: Eh...Wut?

Your first VGC format: VGC16
    Notable results: X1 Ecuador Special Event winner, X1 Top 2 Ecuador Special Event, X1 Top 8 Ecuador Special Event, X5 Top 2 and X1 Top 1 in VGC17 MSS and currently 190/400 Cp's
    Why a manager should draft you: Idk, yolo?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  6. Velocity

Velocity Member

Pokemon Showdown username: VelocityVGC
    Time zone in GMT: GMT -5 (EST)
    Significant time missed: n/a
    Your first VGC format: VGC15
    Notable results: Top 4 US Nationals 2016, Day 2 Worlds 2016, Top 8 Ft Wayne Regs 2016, Positive record / made playoffs both years I’ve been in NPA
    Why a manager should draft you: I got Top 4 at Nationals last year and I’m only worth 3k now

Sassanvgc, DjuxVGC, Kali and 3 others like this.
  7. Pyreon

Pyreon Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Pyreon
    Time zone in GMT: GMT +0 (Lisbon; London)
    Significant time missed: Regular weekday work schedule.
    Your first VGC format: 2016 (also late 2015, but not very seriously)
    Notable results:
    • Top32 2016 Liverpool Regionals
    • 5-3 in 2017 Madrid Special
    • 5-3 in 2017 Bilbao Special
    • Frequent and consistent top cut placements in local tournaments over 2017, including wins in both an MSS and a PC.
    • Winner and MVP of the Victory Paradise League held by Victory Road and Aether Paradise
    • Top4 in the LatAm Super League
    • Won a mock tournament and several showdown room tournaments with Primarina
    Why a manager should draft you: I'm always available for discussions and to be part of a good team spirit, either for teambuilding or just for metagame discussion and casual chat. I've got experience in other smaller leagues and I'm eager to meet and learn from the best in the world and be part of the community.

JeanMarc and apayloadinmotion like this.
  8. Stratos

Stratos Well-Known Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Stratos
    Time zone in GMT: GMT-6 (US Central)
    Significant time missed: No
    Your first VGC format: Uhhh, 2010 I guess, I entered a tour for that once back when I was a kid playing TCG because it was a side event
    Notable results: 5-2 last NPA, won a PC once.
    Why a manager should draft you: Anyone who knows me can vouch that despite my frequent + fervent swearing to quit this game forever, I will put at least 20 hours a week into prepping for my match + helping teammates

Now that I'm not on mobile here you go. I didnt use any references so odds I even got it right are kind of low.
    [​IMG]

9. Ghosty

Ghosty Member

Pokemon Showdown username: GhostyInfinity
    Time zone in GMT: GMT+1
    Significant time missed: I should be always available except during some periods of school tests. (I won't disappear, don't worry)
    Your first VGC format: VGC2017
    Notable results: Nothing
    Why a manager should draft you: I'm friendly with everyone, If I get drafted I would use this experience to learn as much as I can.
    Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care:

Attached Files:

10. DaWoblefet

DaWoblefet
    Moderator NPA 6 Champion

Pokémon Showdown username: DaWoblefet
    Time zone in GMT: GMT -6 (US Central Time)
    Significant time missed: None (occasional PCs/MSSes/Regs and general college life)
    Your first VGC format: Technically 2011, but 2013 in reality
    Notable results:
    • Top 8 US Nationals 2016, Top 32 US Nationals 2015
    • 8-4 NPA 4, 6-3 NPA 5, 8-3 NPA 6 (66+% win rate for the Hearthome Holy Spirits)
    • Various top 16+ Regional placements (Top 16 St. Louis 2013, 2015; Top 8 St. Louis 2014; Top 16 Madison, WI 2017)
    Why a manager should draft you: I've taken NPA very seriously over the past three years. I put forth worthwhile effort into preparing for my match each week, and I always try to play in a focused environment that is as ideal as possible for success in a match. However, more than that, to me NPA is about building a community with fellow players, not only in the obvious ways of spending time practicing and teambuilding together, but also in sharing life and having fun together. Those sort of interactions are what I value most in a team, and I think it shows with the Holy Spirits' success in the last three years. From a practical standpoint, I have a solid grasp of EV optimization, in-game mechanics, and the capability of 3DS streaming, which means less matches on Pokemon Showdown. All in all, draft me if you want an overall solid player for your team.

EDIT: Is it a Wobbuffet, or a blue Diglett with arms? I sure don't know.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    raikoo, DjuxVGC, Platypus and 6 others like this.
  11. JHufself

JHufself Active Member

Pokemon Showdown username: JHufself
    Time zone in GMT: EST, GMT-5
    Significant time missed: Will be doing lots of work student teaching, freeish during weekends, some weekdays as well
    Your first VGC format: VGC 2010
    Notable results: Shedinja was on my very first team and I went 2-1 at Nats LCQ
    Why a manager should draft you: You like ghosting, well I'm a master at it. Not the cheaty ghosting, but you know. Ghosting.

Here's my paint but I cheated and used the paint bucket tool too.

Attached Files:

12. R Inanimate

R Inanimate Well-Known Member

Should I really be signing myself up for this? Sure. I could use something to force me to play some VGC 18 these days.

Pokemon Showdown username:
    R Inanimate
    Time zone in GMT: GMT -8 (PST)
    Significant time missed:
    None known
    Your first VGC format:
    Notable results: Those are part of the past. I'm living in the present, and right now there are no notable results.
    Why a manager should draft you: I usually end up with a positive record in NPA. But somehow I also usually end up going for way higher cost in the draft than I ever deserve to be. Please be more responsible with fictional money and spend it on people more deserving, like national winners or worlds top cut performers.

apayloadinmotion and tlyee like this.
  13. Unreality

Unreality my friendship brings all the boys to the yard Moderator

Pokemon Showdown username: unreality
    Significant time missed: i am busy and pokemon is not my first priority
    Your first VGC format: VGC 2011
    Notable results: i am committed to a positive atmosphere. i love teaching and learning pokemon. please let me know if youre thinking about drafting me or if you would like me on managerial staff for your team, no sweat but would love to talk about it
    Why a manager should draft you: unmatched ability to raise wolfe's blood pressure

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vespero, AtTehCross, Legacy and 34 others like this.
  14. SalaMenace

SalaMenace Member

Pokemon Showdown username: SalaMenace
    Time zone in GMT: -8
    Significant time missed: ?
    Your first VGC format: VGC15
    Notable results: regional champ, 5 other regional top cuts, top cut 2016 worlds, top32 us 17 internats, showdown tournament semi-finalist
    Why a manager should draft you: i take online tournaments pretty seriously

15. Temple

Temple Member

Pokemon Showdown username: TempleVGC
    Time zone in GMT: GMT -6 (US Central)
    Significant time missed: Week 8 currently looks bad for me, but I'll 100% always let anyone know who needs to when I won't be free beforehand.
    Your first VGC format: 2015
    Notable results: Went 5-1 to 5-3 at 2018 Ft. Wayne Regionals. Link to prove it here. Consistently able to make mid 1700s on BattleSpot
    Why a manager should draft you: I'll bring 110% to every game and show you why drafting me wasn't a mistake. I take events very seriously and NPA will be no exception. I'm committed to putting in more effort than needed through my play and teambuilding to make sure I can try my best, but also be a positive face on teams.

(this is a Chikorita. Its probably hard to tell, but that's what it is)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  16. Zelda

Zelda miho miho mii VGC 2017 World Runner-Up

Pokemon Showdown username: Zelda
    Time zone in GMT: +10 australia
    Significant time missed: probably nothing
    Your first VGC format: 2012
    Notable results: top 8 san jose
    Why a manager should draft you: i like pokemon

17. Seaco

Seaco New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Seaco
    Significant time missed: Might miss time during exams but that's only 2-3 weeks total
    Your first VGC format: VGC 2013
    Notable results: Went 24-0 in a CC1v1 round robin tournament on showdown, 2nd Ft Wayne 2017, Top 8 Boston Open
    Why a manager should draft you: Tommy pls, for the friendship

Attached Files:

apayloadinmotion and Nails like this.
  18. Swaggy McBuckets

Swaggy McBuckets Member

Pokemon Showdown username: Swaggy McBuckets
    Time zone in GMT: GMT -6
    Significant time missed: I will be around the entire season.
    Your first VGC format: (Technically 14, because I went to Nats and went 2-7, but I started in 15, haha)
    Notable results: Top 8 Arizona Regionals 2017 season. Top 16 Portland Regionals 2017. FInished the season at 406/500 last year. Top Cut London Win a Trip Challenge 2018. I have also never gone negative at an event.
    Why a manager should draft you: I may not have as many merits as others in this draft, but I know how to play the game, and have a solid grasp of the format thus far. I like my ability to successfully teambuild in any format I play, and feel confident in my ability to win against anyone I face. I have a lot of time to help others play test, and can help others teambuild for matches as well. I feel that I'm very approachable, open-minded, and can help people get better at this game, while getting better myself in the process. Feel free to ask me any questions about what I have said. Thank you for reading.

Attached Files:

19. marolt

marolt New Member

Pokemon Showdown username: MaroltVGC
    Significant time missed: uhm...?
    Your first VGC format: 2017
    Notable results: Just started officially playing so...
    Why a manager should draft you: Im funny(sometimes) I speak 4 languages (more or less) I don't know really lol, I love Pokemon and really want to be a part of this :)

Optional - draw your favorite Pokemon on Paint with only your mouse and attach it below to show managers that you truly care: Did it, HA I CARE

Attached Files:

20. riopaser

riopaser Member

Pokemon Showdown username: riopaser
    Significant time missed: n/a
    Your first VGC format: 2013
    Notable results: 3rd Senior Worlds 2014, Top 8 UK Master National 2016, 30th Worlds 2016, Top 32 London IC 2017, 1st Special Event Milan 2017, x5 MSS Champion in 2017, Day 2 Worlds 2017.
    Why a manager should draft you: All the online tournaments that I have played I did it well, also I can contribute ideas and help my teammates.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    Enigne, Smith and apayloadinmotion like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.