NPA 7 Discussion

Discussion in 'NPA' started by Braverius, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Braverius

Braverius Bird-Dog Administrator

the can of worms is cracked open

keep it about npa please. at least sort of about npa.

NightLight26 and Stratos like this.
  2. Stratos

Stratos Well-Known Member

YES, A PROPER FORUM FOR DISCUSSION

I swear on my life that even if I am the only person in this thread I will post all my NPA thoughts here instead of Twitter, Twitter is garbage.

Zach you're gonna hate me for using first post on a controversial topic already but I want to say DrFidget's pledge he made in the manager thread is really cool and I respect that. It'd be neat if all the other managers agreed to make some commitment to diversity to stand with him like, say, all nominating a female player for their round 1 draft pick

3. Tikkibikki

Tikkibikki New Member

if your asking to send you dms on twitter please turn on "anyone can message me"
    otherwise only people you follow can

JeanMarc and Lunar like this.
  4. NightLight26

NightLight26 Member

Are gif's an acceptable form of response in this thread.?

5. JeanMarc

JeanMarc Active Member

Is this the place to raise our #DraftSquirrelboyForNPA ?

6. DrFidget

DrFidget Active Member

We haven't discussed anything like that as managers and likely won't. I'm doing it with my picks because it's important to me, but other teams need to be free to make their own picks. I also don't want to steal focus or have people think so and so only got drafted because they're a girl. The ratio from other years sends the message that those players haven't been getting drafted for the same reason. Whether or not it's true doesn't matter, how it looks is discouraging to anyone thinking about signing up if they aren't a dude.

I made my pledge on twitter and in the manager thread and it seems like a number of good players signed up as a direct response to that. So that's heartening. I haven't talked to other teams about it, though the Stars sent me a text showing their support.

That's not to say the rest of the league isn't interested in diversity, we added more managers outside of the US and Europe to hopefully tap into more global talent. I don't want anyone to think I'm calling out the other managers. I appreciate them giving me this position and as long as I have it I'll do what I can to make it enjoyable for everyone.

7. Temple

Temple Member

I for one support #DraftSquirrelboyForNPA once again. Hoping it happens

8. Mr.GX

Mr.GX Well-Known Member

I had lots of fun during NPA 6, so looking forward to it!

jackrah and Therazer456 like this.
  9. Therazer456

Therazer456 Member

I second this post ^^^

Mr.GX and jackrah like this.
  10. Stratos

Inspired after seeing a DOU ace nicknamed "Stax" and his banner, small-statured frania decides he wants one. The #1 seeded DOU player even signs up for SPL; however, his hopes of being drafted turn out to be his last when they are brutally squashed by "Sam's VGC friend" EmbCPT. frania vows to surpass EmbC, and so after graduating from middle school, he joins the Hearthome Holy Spirits NPA team—only to find that his sworn rival, EmbC, is now his teammate.

Thanks to his short height, frania struggles to find his role on the team, even with his DOU Circuit dominance. Surprisingly, EmbC has his own problems that only frania can help with, and learning to work together appears to be the only way for the team to be successful. Based on Haruichi Furudate's popular shounen manga of the same name, Haikyuu!! is an exhilarating and emotional pokemon comedy following two determined players as they attempt to patch a heated rivalry in order to make their NPA team the best in Japan.

Temple, Sam, 123e45 and 5 others like this.
  11. Mindape

Mindape Active Member

^ 10/10 would watch/be a bit part character in that anime.

12. Stratos

After familiarizing myself with this week's NPA drama (which was, I might add, far harder than it needed to be, because of the selfish decision to start a fight on twitter instead of the forums where it's far more accessible to the fans) I figured I'd share my own personal advice for how to deal with getting haxed out of a set. That is: always blame yourself for not playing better, internalize guilt for the loss, and let it feed your depression and make you dread playing this game. Hope this helped! :)

Mindape likes this.
  13. Hibiki

Hibiki Well-Known Member

The moral of the story is, don't subtweet