2018 Trainer Tower Circuit TO Applications

Discussion in 'Trainer Tower Circuit' started by Bargens, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Bargens

Bargens Member

Hi!
    To run the Trainer Tower Circuit we, of course, need dedicated TOs from all around the world to be able to run events in every timezone. Here you'll be able to submit an application to be an Trainer Tower Circuit TO.
    A few things to note are below.

Your Role

- TOs will only be required to run events in their timezone, or, in an emergency, a time that is still appropriate for the TOs timezone.
    - Commitment to both the Trainer Tower Circuit and the players. This includes transparency and making decisions for the benefit of all parties

Extra Notes
    - TOs CAN play in the circuit with a subscription. However, being a TO must come first and playing in a tournament you are the TO for is not allowed.
    - Communication will be made through FaceBook
    - Committed TOs who do not plan on playing in the Trainer Tower Open will be managing the Trainer Tower Open's Flights. We hope to have Europe, North America, Latin American and Asia Pacific TOs as Flight managers.

Application
    The application requires you to answer a few basic questions which are listed below. If you do not have any experience as a TO but are committed, please still fill out an application!

What experience do you have as a TO?:

Why do you want to be a TO?:

Why should we consider you as a TO?:

Thank you to all applicants! You will be contacted on the Trainer Tower forums if successful

2. Swanner

Swanner Member

Hey all! Not planning to play in the circuit, but I still wanted to help out! Here's my application!

What experience do you have as a TO?

As a VGC TO, I have been running my own PCs since 2015 and have been judging sanctioned events since 2014. Outside of VGC, I have been a Smash Bros. TO since 2014. I have senior-level staffing experience at various majors, such as Smash'N'Splash, Shine, and Low Tier City.

Why do you want to be a TO?

Because I love what you guys are doing! Grassroots circuits allow players and tournament organizers to control the growth of their game. This is especially important in VGC, where TPCi has a lot of influence over the tournament scene. Any effort that aims to improve the variety of events available to the player base is something that I would love to be a part of.

Why should we consider you as a TO?

I know how to get stuff done. At its core, this role is about making level-headed decisions. I've been TOing for over 3 years now, which means I've had my fair share of tough decisions to make. I am not phased by player's wants and whims. My philosophy is to uphold the integrity of the tournament, above all else.

In the context of running online tournaments, you also need to make sure that matches are being completed in a timely manner. I literally do this every week at my weekly Smash Bros. tournament--by stopping their friendlies! Though the settings are different, I would approach running circuit events in a similar manner. And if player activity cannot be established, I am not hesitant to pull out the DQ!

Temple likes this.
  3. Bennbuild

Bennbuild New Member

Hi! Apparently my application got deleted because of the website being bugged yesterday, so here it is again:

What experience do you have as a TO
    I've organized multiple "practice tournaments" for people to play bo3's instead of bo1's like on ladder or PS! tours using Battlefy.

Why do you want to be a TO
    I find organizing tournaments very fun and I'd love to take part in a circuit like this, because it sounds awesome.

I know how to organize tournaments, and I know how to use Battlefy. I can organize/help almost every weekend and I'd love to help as much as possible

4. Prof. Almeida

Prof. Almeida Member

What experience do you have as a TO?

I'm a VGC TO since 2014, and I was the first Pokémon Professor in Sao Paulo, Brazil. I have been organizing official Pokémon tournaments since then, and I was also a judge in a handful of tournaments, including being Assistant Head Judge for Masters at LATAM Internationals and the Head Judge in the very first Brazil Open.

Why do you want to be a TO?

I think most people like to play, and few really like being a TO, because they don't like the responsibility. In my case, I not only like, but since my very first forum, in 2003, I started using "Prof" as part of my nickname. Facilitating other people to play is one of my main goals.

I'd also like to be more known in the community as a whole, and I think having someone from LATAM in the crew will help with timezones.

I have plenty of experience organizing tournaments, I know how to use both Challonge and Battlefy, I work at home, so I'm available most of the time, and whenever I'm not acting as an official in Football (some Sundays) or actually organizing a real-life tournament, I have enough time to organize and help organizing tournaments in the circuit.

5. Bargens

Bargens Member

Hi! Thank you all for your applications. Unfortunately I cannot send DMs on TrainerTower, however would love to contact you all! If you can start a conversation with me that would be great. Twitter is also fine as my DMs are open (BargensVGC on Twitter!).